Langleys is a different kind of law firm.
Unlike other generalist practices, we have focused on building core specialisms in specific markets. Our clients range from farmers and landowners, real estate investors and family businesses, to education providers, business owners and larger commercial organisations.
This unusual mix of clients is also reflected in our teams.
While some of our partners joined us as trainees, many of the people who work here took a different route into the law. For some this is a second career, having spent time in industry. Others pursued alternatives paths to qualification, whether as a paralegal or a Chartered Legal Executive. Plenty studied something other than law at university.
While this means we bring a different perspective to the challenges our clients face, everyone at Langleys shares the same view about what makes a great lawyer.
A belief that behind every legal problem is a real person. That solutions need to work in the real world as well as the legal world. That going the extra mile is the rule, not the exception. That we are the first and last line of defence for our clients' interests.
And, whoever our clients may be, they all come to us for the same reason. Because they know we will look after their business and personal affairs with tenacity, care and common sense.
This approach has seen us steer our clients through some of their most challenging and sensitive situations.
Our values are the shared attributes at the heart of all we do.
We believe in and will build a successful business by
Developing growing and mutually profitable relationships
- Being confident and brave
- Continually improving how we work
- Creating a positive place to work
- Investing in our infrastructure
- Being confident in our place in the wider community
- Maintaining our reputation and long-term financial well-being
We place our clients at the heart of what we do by
- Delivering high quality client service
- Being approachable and responsive
- Providing practical advice
- Taking personal responsibility
- Expecting high standards of each other
- Developing long-standing relationships with our clients
We operate as one team by
- Helping each other out
- Building effective teams
- Connecting and interacting with each other
- Showing support and flexibility to each other
- Enabling our people to develop and retaining them
- Taking a balanced approach and respecting each other
What our clients say about us
The team is excellent at dealing with high value construction related disputes and claims for faulty materials. We are exceptionally pleased with their level of service.
Legal 500, Commercial Litigation, East Midlands 2021
They were knowledgeable and confident in what they were saying and they spoke in a manner you could understand. They were a breath of fresh air.
Legal 500, Corporate & Commercial, Yorkshire 2019
They keep us informed and understand the way our teams work, as well as being responsive, flexible and willing to do what we need.
Chambers, Employment, Yorkshire 2018