Based in York and Lincoln, our team of specialist education law solicitors work alongside your school, offering practical advice to help you navigate the rule and requirements of converting to Academy status, all at a fixed cost.

Since acting for the first Primary School in the country to take Academy status under the Academies Act on 1 September 2010 our Education Team has gone on to represent a wide range of schools, including Church of England schools, schools subject to a PFI Agreement, Free Schools, Special Schools and Alternative Provision Academies. 

Whether you are looking at forming a MAT or are a MAT with expansion plans, we can help.  We can assist with all aspects of the academy conversion process, drafting all your relevant funding agreements and, if requested, changing your articles of association and setting up a new company for you at Companies House. 

We will negotiate with the Local Authority on your behalf the terms of a Commercial Transfer Agreement to transfer the school’s assets and contracts to the new trust.  We can assist with any employment and HR obligations arising from the TUPE transfer of the school staff and will deal with the transfer of the school’s land and buildings to the MAT and land issues arising.


Lincoln Employment Law Solicitors - Katie Hindmarch, Partner

Kate Hindmarch

Consultant Solicitor

01522 508 815

07947 243 674

Langleys will only use the information you provide to contact you in relation to your enquiry.


Luke Rees Corporate transactions solicitor Langleys Solicitors Lincoln and York

Luke Rees


01522 508 777

07519 127 271

Langleys will only use the information you provide to contact you in relation to your enquiry.

Legal Directory Feedback

Working with Langleys, you feel that you can overcome any problem in a constructive way.

Legal 500, 2021

So very supportive, knowledgeable, emphatic and kind. Always a warm welcome and respectful service.

Legal 500, 2021

Their advice is always sound and pragmatic, based on a good understanding of business context and needs.

Legal 500, 2020
Contact Us

How can we help?

Wherever you are, whatever you need, we’re here to help. Use this form to tell us what’s happening and we’ll be in touch.

By submitting this form you are providing your information to Langleys and agreeing to our terms of use and privacy notice.