It is a path to business growth that shows no sign of stopping – there are hundreds of franchise systems operating in the United Kingdom across a wide spectrum of industry sectors. However, franchising does not guarantee success; it is a complex model that involves a variation of issues.
Regardless of industry, all businesses in the ever-changing commercial environment face concerns regarding legal and regulatory compliance, even more so franchise businesses considering the contractual agreements in place that govern the relationship between franchisee and franchisor.
Franchising’s legal language can be daunting – to understand the responsibilities and to protect from costly mistakes, it’s important to take advice from an experienced franchise solicitor.
We share our experience with clients to build long-term relationships and mitigate risk, delivering bespoke services for each stage of a business’development.
If you are an established franchisor with an extensive network of franchisees or are seeking advice about franchising your business, we can help you with:
- Managing & Updating Franchise Agreements
- Registration/Protection of Trademarks
- Side Letters, Confidentiality Agreements & Deposit Agreements
- Dispute Resolution (Mediation/Arbitration/Litigation/Negotiation)
- Acquiring/Leasing Commercial Property
- Handling Franchisee Exits & Purchases/Resales
- Compliance with the Law & Guarding Against Misrepresentation
Whether you are a prospective or existing franchisee, we can help you with:
- Reviewing Franchise Agreements & Due Diligence
- Breach of Contract & Dispute Resolution
- Exiting the Franchise Agreement & Resales
- Compliance with the Law & General Commercial Advice