Amy is a partner and joint Head of our Private Client team and has specialised in private client work throughout her legal career since she qualified in 2002.
She joined the Lincoln Private Client team at Langleys in 2014 and advises on all aspects of private client work with particular emphasis on the following areas:
- complex will drafting,
- high value estates including Inheritance Tax returns and probate applications,
- Inheritance and Capital Gains Tax planning,
- the creation, administration and termination of on-shore Trusts
- the creation of new family partnerships and the preparation of partnership agreements; and
- the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney for both financial affairs and health and welfare decisions.
She has a strong private client practice with clients nationwide including landed estates, farming families, business owners and high net worth individuals. She regularly deals with Inheritance Tax reviews and succession planning to ensure clients protect their wealth and businesses for future generations while making use of valuable tax reliefs and exemptions.
Amy also acts as a professional Trustee on a number of family trusts and deals with other professional and non-professional Trustees to ensure the wishes of the person who created the trust are adhered to and the needs of the beneficiaries are met.
Amy notes her key strengths as being approachable, thorough and having the ability to communicate complex, technical matters in a clear and concise way.