Andrew is head of the Medical Negligence and Personal Injury teams. He is a leading medical negligence lawyer acting on behalf of people who have been hurt or harmed by medical negligence, failure in their duty and misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis.
Andrew has over 14 years’ experience in medical negligence cases securing millions in compensation for clients.
He is known for helping people and their families who have suffered from brain injuries, including Cerebral Palsy claims following birth, securing money that is used during their lifetime to enhance quality of life.
Andrew also has a wealth of experience in dealing with a broad range of clinical negligence matters including severe delay in diagnosis, surgical error and preventable suicide.
Andrew has a pragmatic, tenacious but fair approach to seeking justice for those who have suffered as a result of a medical accident.
He is a leader in his field, receiving recognition as such through accreditations on both the Law Society and AvMA specialist panels. Andrew has, this year, been successful in his reaccreditation to the AvMA specialist clinical negligence panel.
Awards and accreditations
- A member of AvMA Panel
- Chambers and Partners Top Ranked Lawyer 2021
- Member of Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel
- Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer 2021
Recent examples of Andrew's work
- Secured a six-figure sum for a child who suffered a shoulder dislocation (Erb’s Palsy) at birth.
- Negotiated a seven-figure sum for a person who had a common respiratory illness which worsened causing admission to hospital through the Emergency Department. Because of a delay in treatment the brain was starved of oxygen. We were able to secure funds during the investigation that provided a 1-to-1 case worker who engaged therapists to work towards some form of independent living.
- Acting for a diabetic patient under the care of the community nursing team Andrew secured a six-figure sum in compensation towards the amputation of a limb.
- Acted for the family of a nurse whose Tuberculosis went undiagnosed for many years. We represented her family at the inquest and made a claim on their behalf.
What clients say about Andrew
Recent client feedback includes:
- "While I was hugely disappointed in the attitude of the Trust, the team at Langleys and Andrew Cragg were fantastic throghout. They provided me with so much support at a very difficult time, and when he proceedings finally came to an end, it almost felt like saying goodbye."
- "Can not fault Andrew Cragg, he dealt with this matter so professionally, and is so considerate and kind."