Emma has more than 15 years’ experience as a family lawyer with an exceptionally strong reputation in Lincolnshire and beyond. Leading the team in Lincoln, Emma offers a confident, firm and personable approach for clients.
The family law team that Emma leads is ranked Tier 1 in Legal 500, while Emma is also individually recommended in Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
Providing clients with excellent customer service is always a key feature for Emma and she ensures that clients receive a very quick response to any of their queries.
She has particular expertise advising clients in relation to the financial aspects of their relationship breakdown to include pre and post nuptial agreements, financial settlements following divorce, cohabitation and separation agreements. Emma also advises clients involved in disputes relating to children.
Emma is regularly instructed in divorce cases involving farming assets, family businesses, family estates and complex family trusts. She also has specialist knowledge in relation to the division of pension assets on divorce and has particular expertise advising clients with Armed forces pensions.
Emma is a Resolution trained mediator, offering clients an alternative method of resolving their disputes away from the Court arena. She is also a confident advocate and regularly represents clients who are involved in complex litigation.
Groups and bodies Emma is a member of:
- Resolution trained mediator
- Family Law accredited with the Law Society
- Resolution accredited specialist
- Lincolnshire Resolution Treasurer.
Recent examples of Emma's experience:
- Advising the husband in a divorce involving a family business valued at £30m, with High Court proceedings involving substantial UK and overseas assets.
- Advising the wife in a farming divorce valued at £2.5m, a matter involving third party interveners, civil proceedings relating to a partnership dispute, and issues of enforcement.
- Successfully obtaining an Order that a concluded agreement existed when a client’s ex wife tried to renege on the terms of a settlement before the Consent Order had been approved by the Court.
- Successfully negotiating the terms of a pre-nuptial agreement in order to protect future inheritance of around £5m from a large family estate.
- Representing the husband in a three day fact finding hearing in relation to Children Act proceedings, successfully arguing that the allegations made were unfounded and achieving an outcome of shared care.
Recent feedback from clients:
- “My experience of dealing with Emma has been exceptional. Going through a divorce is something I never expected or was prepared for, so her guidance and support throughout the entire process was an absolute must. I found that Emma listened and cared for me and acknowledged my needs.”
- “Thank you sincerely for your guidance and support. You were very professional, and I felt very comfortable with you at all times. I would not hesitate to contact you in future should I need to.”
- “I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for me. I never thought it would ever end but it all has, and it is down to your hard work.”
- “I want to thank you and your team for the incredible outcomes you've secured for me. Seeing my children 50% of the time and remaining a homeowner were my goals and both were achieved, so I'm truly grateful.”
Outside of work, Emma enjoys the gym, walking, horse riding, and spending time with her young family.