Sarah is a Senior Associate within the Public Sector Unit of the insurance law division. She acts for many local authority clients and limited companies dealing with a range of employers’ and public liability claims including
- Highways Liability: - defending claims brought under the Highways Act 1980. In addition to more specific disputes relating to adoption of highways maintainable at public expense, winter maintenance, highway boundaries, tree claims, public rights of way and street furniture.
- Public Liability - including Occupiers' Liability Acts (1957 and 1984), the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 and Defective Premises Act 1972 involving accidents in housing accommodation, private land, schools, car parks, leisure facilities, waste facilities and recreational areas.
- Employers Liability - including workplace tripping and slipping claims, manual handling claims and work equipment cases.
- Stress - defending stress claims usually arising in a school context. Some of the claims have involved high profile cases.
- Other Areas - Expertise in other areas of work including flooding, property damage and drainage.
Sarah has presented at many regional events in relation to matters affecting the public sector particularly through Alarm.
Sarah is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers CPR & Protocols Sector Focus Team.