The family team at Langleys are proud to support “Good divorce week” which is an annual campaign by Resolution that aims to promote practical and constructive ways to deal with separation and divorce, and to enable parents to focus on putting the needs of their children first.
The campaign highlights that if parties appoint a lawyer who follows the Resolution code of conduct this can assist in minimising conflict. Communication is key to resolving matters swiftly, amicably and by agreement if possible. The tone of communication adopted from the outset by a lawyer appointed for either party can set the benchmark for the way in which matters are approached with the aim being to reduce or manage conflict and confrontation.
The code of conduct also provides that lawyers will aim to:
- Support and encourage families to put the interests of any children first;
- Act with honesty, integrity and objectivity;
- Help clients understand and manage the potential longterm financial and emotional consequences of decisions;
- Listen to and treat everyone with respect and without judgment;
- Use their experience and knowledge to help guide clients through the options available to them.
Resolution has asked its members this year to commit to providing 30 minutes of free legal advice to those who need it during good divorce week. The family team at Langleys consider it is important for clients to be able to speak to a lawyer initially without charge to ensure they are able to find the right lawyer for them, and this is something we are pleased to say we provide not just during divorce week, but at all times.
If you wish to arrange to discuss your personal circumstances with a family lawyer in our teams either in York, Lincoln (who also cover North Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire) please contact us on 01904 610 886 or 01522 888 555 to make an appointment.