Learning and Development
At Langleys we know that the success of the firm and the quality of service we provide to our clients is dependent on the people in our team. We are dedicated to creating a culture that attracts, retains and inspires. Here at Langleys we want to support you in developing the skills you will need at each stage of your career to perform at your very best.
Support from day one
Your learning starts from the moment you join the firm
We tailor our induction programme to meet the needs of each new starter, this includes:
- An initial firm Induction providing the essential information on day one
- A full suite of eLearning to cover regulatory & health and safety requirements.
- A department specific induction to support you in getting to grips with the projects and tasks required of your role.
- An assigned buddy to offer support for those day to day queries
- An initial discussion with your supervisor to agree the expectations of your role over the course of the first 6 months and to agree what support you may need.
- Scheduled check-ins with your supervisor to ensure we are doing everything we can to assist you whilst you settle in.
We want to put you in the driving seat when it comes to your personal development journey
We recognise that everyone’s career aspirations and skills are different, so we work with you, tailoring training and development to your particular needs to ensure that you thrive in your role.
We offer regular opportunities for you to tell us what you need, including:
- Regular 1:1 conversations with your manager
- Twice Yearly Check-ins
- Learning Needs Analysis conducted by the Learning and Development Team
A personal approach
Technical, Commercial and Personal skills
We focus on the skills you need for your role
Where training is needed, we will work with you to find the best option to support you in addressing your development needs. This may include solutions such as on the job training, mentoring, eLearning, and attendance at internal/external training.
Should you wish to develop further and pursue additional qualifications which support and align with the requirements of your team/the firm, Langleys can provide sponsorship and support.
We support your ambitions for the future and have a forward thinking progression process for Solicitors, which regularly sees our great talent rising up through the ranks
Whatever your role, we are committed to helping you perform at your best.