Gaining Advantage Together

0330 0947777

If you are a father but are not married to your child's mother, you may not have Parental Responsibility. However, if you are named as the child’s father on the child’s birth certificate and the child was born after 1 December 2003 then you do have parental responsibility.

The law surrounding parental responsibility also can be complicated in matters of same sex partnerships and in the case of fertility treatments.

If you are committed to your child's upbringing, our expert Child Law solicitors can help you to gain parental responsibility, which you would share with the child's mother.

Achieved either by agreement, a Court Order or re-registration of the child’s birth, our team can help you get the legal say in the decisions affecting your child’s future and wellbeing.

What our Child Law clients say

Thanks for your letter and apologies for not being in touch sooner. Everything is resolved and I really appreciate your advice and also the gesture of good will. Your candour and focus on ensuring I knew the likely outcome made a real difference to a very stressful situation.

Child Law accreditations

  • Law Society Children Law Panel
  • Resolution

How can we help?

Wherever you are, whatever your requirements, we’re here to help. Please complete the enquiry form and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

Langleys will only use the information you provide to contact you in relation to your enquiry.